Friday 2 September 2011

What would you do, if you find $150,000 in your backyard garden?



Wayne Sabaj was headed to pick some broccoli to go with his roast. The carpenter spotted duffel bags that looked like trash by the peppers -- but they turned out to be a cash crop: stacks of $20 bills that added up to about $150,000. The 49-year-old, who is living with his dad, did not exactly jump for joy.

The out-of-work carpenter told ABC7, "I could really use this money." But with this money comes trouble. He explained, "With my luck, it would be bank robbery and I'd get caught and say I'd robbed a bank."
Source...Yahoonews.

As I read this piece of news, I went wow! But then am glad there are still individuals who still have morals, and not just glory in stolen wealth. Nothing prevented this gentle man from  keeping the money and maybe leaving the US  the same day!
But I guess he remembered, a good name is better than a thousand rubies. Big ups bro!
If na my Naija bro, E don hammer be dat, Phew!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Notice he said 'with my luck it would be bank robbery!' If not that the guy think's his luck is shitty, I bet he would have converted the money to private use and would he have been wrong? I mean the money was in his garden! Maybe the daffodils he planted grew up to become pound sterlings! Before you say that is not possible so many impossible things have happened lately so I will not be surprised if that is indeed the case.

As for the Nigerian jibe, I take offence o. There are many Nigerians that will return the money, I being one. If I were to find that kind of money in my garden. I would harvest the money for my use since it 'grew' in my garden and then thereafter I would simply write a blank cheque of the yearly harvest of the plants in my garden to a charity home or whomsoever the government likes! Yeah that's it. Matter sorted out.

Uche Okorie said...

I find it appalling Tchinny that you think of the 'Naija factor'and the average Nigerian attitude mostly in the negative light!

We aint that bad. I expected you to run an addendum to your story of the documented story of a Nigerian taxi driver in Lagos who had the good fortune of finding over 20,000 dollars equivalent in naira in his taxi cab and drove round Lagos for 8 hours to return the 'bounty' to its rightful owner. This is just one case out of many other interesting stories of honest and hardworking Nigerians!

Hey there are honest Nigerians too. Or aint you honest? Maybe you should tell us what you would do if it were you! There are millions of honest Nigerians even in the notorious Nigerian police force so give us a break!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

If na you, wetin you go do. Don't generalize Nigerians like dat Abeg