Tuesday 4 October 2011

Amanda Knox- Freed at last!

Just yesterday the Italian Appeal Court acquitted Amanda Knox and her boyfriend Rafaelle Sollecito of the Murder charge that has kept them in prison for almost four years. Here is how it was reported by BBC news.

 Source- BBC YouTube Videos

I have been following this story ever since it broke out in late 2007. If opinions ( let alone mine) mattered in criminal cases, I would say I have never believed she was guilty of the heinous crime.
Again my opinion is, much of this time spent on the Knox case could have been invested into making sure the real culprit ( after all the Court already convicted Rudy Guede of  murder in the same matter) pays adequately instead of reducing the sentence ( compensation?).
I am only happy that the "wrong persons" were not convicted, only again that is my opinion.

Hopefully someday soon, the Judicial systems and apparatus in Nigeria will  embrace  every possible option ( scientifically and logically) especially in criminal matters like this one, otherwise we may keep "killing one to bury another"!

No comments: